Fall is arguably the most beautiful time of the year at Beavers Bend State Park.
Beavers Bend Fall Cabin Tips
- Get a cabin with outstanding views: They’re often difficult to find, but relaxing on a cabin deck with a nice bottle of wine is the perfect way to end a day near Broken Bow Lake.
- Arrive on a Sunday-Monday: It’s less crowded and many times you can virtually have the area to yourself. Often cabins will have good deals on weekdays.
- Don’t pay for firewood: It’s inexpensive for us to provide firewood to guests at Mountain Vista. Many cabins charge over $100 for add-on fees like firewood and s’mores. Don’t do it.
- Wear bright colors when hiking in deer season: Be cognizant of the hunting season when jaunting through the woods.
- Take The Talimena Scenic Drive: This is a must every October-November.
- Play Cedar Creek Golf Course: Tourists love the course and can’t believe how beautiful and inexpensive it is.
- Book A Fishing Guide: Bryce Archey is our “Go To Guide” on Broken Bow Lake. Autumn is one of the best times of the year for area angling. Bryce and I often have “Fish & Stay” Packages in conjunction with Mountain Vista Cabin.
OKC To Beavers Bend Driving Tip
If you’re making the trip to Beavers Bend from Oklahoma City, head to Sallisaw then down 259 and enjoy the Talimena Drive. It’s well worth it during the fall.
You can reserve our three-king bedroom luxury cabin at BeaversBendVacations.com. Mountain Vista features acres of seclusion and stunning 50-mile views from the deck.