Choosing a luxury cabin in Broken Bow is often a daunting task for first-time visitors. There are 1,000 cabins available and scores of websites to peruse. How do you choose the right one? Here are my Top 10 Beavers Bend cabin rental tips.
1. Never pay add-on charges for insurance, firewood, cleaning or resort fees. I’ve written about this extensively through the years.
2. Research the cabin owners or property management group. How long have they been in business? If you can’t find scores of positive, verifiable media about them, look elsewhere.
3. Get a secluded cabin. This is one of the top complaints from guests who travel to Beavers Bend. Sometimes it’s difficult to be certain until arrival. Tricky picture angles of cabins can make it look scenic and isolated. Once you arrive at the cabin…boom! You see another cabin nearby and 15 people are doing Karaoke to Bon Jovi in the parking lot! We have acres of seclusion in the upscale Southern Hills Addition.
4. Don’t settle for unprofessionalism. If your emails and calls aren’t returned promptly, kick them to the curb.
5. Don’t allow yourself to be nickel and dimed. Read the terms and conditions on each website. It’s usually a plethora of fees and “gotcha’s”.
6. Check references. We have many public figures that have endorsed us.
7. Look for amenities. Many cabin owners and property management companies are too tight to provide free Starbucks, S’mores Kits, luxury linens and upscale hand soaps. Starbucks is one of many things “on the house” at Mountain Vista.
8. Does the cabin have many repeat guests? Ours are easy to find here on the blog.
9. Is your cabin owner or management company providing state-of-the-art-technology to enhance your experience in Broken Bow? We created Beavers Bend’s first app with Mobile Roadie, a global leader in Los Angeles. Our app wasn’t made in someone’s garage!
10. Trust your gut and do a little homework. If you’re renting from a company with 30-50 cabins on a website, how much attention to detail can they truly provide before your arrival?
There are many great cabins in Beavers Bend. Choose the right fit for you. Sherri and I have fit in well with guests through the years and enjoy having many repeat visitors.
Take my top 10 Beavers Bend cabin rental tips to heart…your getaway to the Kiamichi Mountains will be much more worry-free by simply doing a little homework.
Get to the Broken Bow Lake area soon. Two-million tourists flock here for a reason…It’s gorgeous!