I get tons of inquires from people wanting Broken Bow cabin rental tips. What are the most important things to consider before reserving a luxury cabin in Beavers Bend?
My Top 5 Broken Bow Cabin Rental Tips
- Make sure your cabin will be secluded. I’m not saying you need to be on a hundred acres with no one nearby. You want to have peace and quiet when spending a lot of money on a vacation. Often, Broken Bow visitors don’t realize another cabin is nearby until they arrive. Surprise, the Beavers Bend cabin management company didn’t tell you about nearby neighbors on their website! Ask for perimeter pictures and videos of the property. There are scores of cabins being built close together now that the economy has picked up.
- Don’t Pay Add-On/Resort Fees. @KillResortFees is a great follow on Twitter. They’ve been featured here a few times. @KillResortFees does fantastic job of exposing tourist scams across the country. Resort fees, insurance fees, incidental fees, hot tub fees, cleaning fees…they’re prevalent punches to your pocketbook at a plethora of hotels and resorts. We never gouge our guests with this junk at Mountain Vista
- Stay Clear Of Honkey Tonks. So you’ve booked a great looking cabin online and you arrive to the sounds of this blaring through your cabin.
Make sure your cabin isn’t near a loud bar with outdoor tunes crankin’ until the wee hours of the morning. This happens frequently and unless you brought earplugs, it could be a sleepless night.
4. Know T’s & C’s. Read the terms and conditions carefully before booking a Beavers Bend luxury cabin. If you see penny-pinching things such as “We provide two trash bags. If you need a third, bring it,” punt them to the curb! We provide plenty of trash bags and all the essentials you’ll need at our Mountain Vista vacation home.
5. Understand vacation and rental home differences. Sometimes management companies will own cabins with the sole purpose of renting them. They’re not true vacation homes. Corners will often be cut regarding amenities, location and proximity to a loud highway. These cabins are usually smaller and very close together. A vacation home will probably offer more upscale features such as free firewood, s’mores kits and non-generic supplies. Our guests at Mountain Vista don’t get cheap paper towels and toilet paper. We feature the Real McCoy’s. Free firewood and s’mores kits are given to every guest.
There are many fantastic cabins in Beavers Bend State Park at every price range. Follow my Broken Bow cabin rental tips and hopefully you’ll have a wonderful visit to Southeastern Oklahoma…with no surprises.
There’s no funky music at Mountain Vista! Only acres of seclusion, amazing views and upscale amenities. Contact us at 405-535-8055 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions. Follow me on Twitter @BeaversBend.