Are you planning on visiting Beavers Bend cabins and wondering which activities are definitely “Must Do’s” and easy on the pocketbook? There are many things to do in the Kiamichi Mountain region, do not try to fit them all in during a three-day visit to Broken Bow Lake. Remember to enjoy a little down time by reading a good book on our secluded decks at Mountain Vista. Here are a few suggestions that will help you make lifetime memories with your family when taking your Beavers Bend vacation.
1. David Boren Hiking Trail: It features easy and challenging terrains and the gorgeous bluffs and water views give photographers outstanding opportunities to capture the beauty of Beavers Bend State Park.
2. Coffee at the Beavers Bend Restaurant: Take a jaunt into the state park area, only a couple of miles from Mountain Vista, and sit on the outside deck. It is the perfect way to start off your day while taking in the scenery of the Mountain Fork River. After coffee, take a short walk down to the river and take it all in. This area is also superb for snapping a few pictures. The sights and sounds are breathtaking.
3. Play Cedar Creek Golf Course: Known as “Little Augusta,” the towering pines, narrow fairways and plush greens will challenge any golfers skills and you will enjoy being nestled in nature. Their green fees are surprisingly inexpensive.
4. A Guided Canoe Trip Down Mountain Fork River: There are numerous outfits in Beavers Bend offering guided tours of this McCurtain County masterpiece. Get our app for a complete list of other activities we recommend. Whether it is Broken Bow Lake or Mountain Fork River, make sure you get on the water while visiting our area.
5. Horseback & Train Rides: Both are offered in the area and many of our guests love spending time with their children and introducing them to something outside of their comfort zones. When is the last time your family climbed aboard a horse? Give it a try!
Thanks for reading, we’ll continue to offer news and features about Beavers Bend State Park and Broken Bow Lake here on the blog. Check back often, we appreciate […]